Debbi Granruth is a self-taught photographer born in Tampa, Florida where she spent her early childhood. She moved to Maryland in her teens and has lived here ever since. Being a former Floridian has made an impact on her photography as she prefers to photograph tropical locations. She loves the peaceful happy feeling people get when they are on vacation and she loves bright and saturated colors. It brings a smile to her face and also to the people around her...but she also loves the other side of black and white as well.
From photographing a crack in a concrete floor to a beautiful beach scene she finds interest in everything. Debbi’s philosophy is “There is beauty in everything if you just take the time to look”. Debbi is fascinated by various cultures and likes to go off the beaten path to find the perfect shot. “People are quite interesting and everyone has a story”. Her emphasis is on every day places, people and things that are often taken for granted. Her philosophy is in the saying "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance". Debbi likes to capture that dance.
Debbi is retired after 37 years with Harford County Government. Debbi is married and lives in Bel Air, Maryland. She and her husband have recently purchased a home in Palm Coast, Fl. Now she spends part of her time in Florida, where she feels she is back to her roots. Debbi has one daughter and son in law that live in Texas with her two beautiful grandchildren.
Debbi is a member of Arts by the Bay Gallery in Havre de Grace, Maryland, where her work is currently on exhibit. Debbi is also the Marketing and Public Relations Chair for the gallery. Debbi has appeared on “WBAL TV” in promotion of Arts by the Bay Gallery where she showcased her photos “Pink Bling” and “Little Red Rooster”, both taken in Key West, Florida. Debbi previously had a one woman show at the Liriodendron in Bel Air, Md. Debbi’s work can be found on display at Hair Remedy in Fallston, Md.
Debbi's work can be found in private collections from Boca Raton, Florida to Gold Coast, QLD – Australia
For fun Debbi answered the following “Quick Round” questions…
1. Coffee or tea? Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. What about wine? A little Pinot Noir in the afternoon or with dinner never hurts.
2. Cats or dogs? Cats
3. Beach or mountains? Definitely Beach..It’s my happy place.
4. Music or movies? Both
5. Country or city? City
6. Favorite movie- “Godfather” and “Gone with the Wind”
7. Favorite song- “Statesboro Blues” Allman Brothers, “Riders of the Storm” and “Roadhouse Blues” The Doors
8. Favorite food- Love so many types of food. Love anything with olives and capers. Enjoy a good filet mignon, Cuban Sandwich, Hogfish, Greek Salad and my husband’s gumbo.
9. Favorite childhood memory- Spending time with my grandmother. She was so kind and made every day fun. She always had time for me. The woman was a saint! Will always miss her. Pray that my grandkids will have those happy memories of me.
10. Favorite artist (can be historical or modern day)- Salvador Dali…. Love his museum in St. Petersburg, Fl. Well worth the trip if you are in the area.
11. Favorite place to vacation or visit- Actually several....Will always have fond memories of Indian Rocks Beach, Fl. I vacationed there as a child, took my daughter there when she was young and then took my grandkids there. Great memories. Love Florence, Italy, (the architecture, history, food and of course the wine)….Nothing better-would love to go back….can’t forget Key West! And Cuba is on my bucket list!
Check out Debbi's websites:
Like her page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DebbiGranruthPhotography
Contact her at: email@example.com